Saturday, March 16, 2013

What I have been up to...

When I was younger I never expected my life would turn out to be this blessed. I had bigger dreams that didn't include being married or little ones especially at the age of 24! But I guess the big guy knew better than to let me get too far carried away in some big city dreams. I am so thankful for what he did give me, a loving husband and caring father, someone who is here with me to help raise the most sweetest girls. My first love, Avery, was more than enough and we were finally getting in the groove of being married and loving our first born, then there comes this familiar yet unknown feeling. Something is just not the same and after a week of pondering... BAM a positive pregnancy test taken at work in the morning which would lead to me trying to keep a secret till I got home and husband could unwrap the pee stick I stuck in a bag with tissue paper! I rarely can keep secrets...just fyi!

We were super excited and nervous about what was to come although we had been through it before, but there are more worries than the first time we went through it. We had to consider how Avery would take the news and how it would effect her little world. But to no avail my babe took the news like a champ and was super thrilled to know that she would be a BIG sister and we showered her with way more love and attention for the next nine months than anyone could ever need.

We spent two vacations at the beach last year just because we knew that once baby came it would be a long time before we got in the mix of routine and fun again. We took advantage of the beach scene to capture some special moments for me and my first born.


We soaked up lots of sun and enjoyed our family and friends a little extra last summer knowing that what was coming would somehow change our simple little lives and bring us so much joy and a sense of being a whole family.

End of the pregnancy always ends up not very fun for me and so our little bundle came 3 weeks early on August 30, 2012. I had an easy labor and delivery and before I knew it I was a momma to the two most special little girls I could have ever imagined. Harper Jo was 6lbs 11oz and 18 1/2 in long. She came out a little pale but she was healthy and that is all anyone could ask for.


Oh and big sister was so proud and was totally loving the fact that she now had in her possession a real life baby doll. All the worries we had and concerns about how Avery would feel melted away the moment Harper was placed in her arms. Avery has been nothing but the best sister ever and I am so thankful for my sweet girl's ability to love. Harper has a great role model to look up to and I can't wait to watch them grow up, but hopefully they won't grow up too fast! Just a few of Harper's newborn photos. (It is really hard to take your own newborn's first photos especially with a 3 year old)


Those first six weeks flew by and then it was time for me to get back to my regularly scheduled program, but my girls are in great hands with the help of my mom, grandma, and gigi. I seriously have the best support system that helps care for my girls. I would not be able to work in Spring and have a photography obsession without everyone who pitches in.


Oh and have I mentioned that my husband is loving being a daddy to two girls! A and H both love him so much and Avery just thinks he hung the moon, but aren't little girls suppose to believe that?


So I know I have photo bombed this post and completely went all personal on you, but I just can't believe how blessed I am that I am living this precious life with a man who loves me and my girls and all the sweetness that two little girls can bring. These sweets are what inspire me to pick up my camera and go out and do, and for me, to be able to do is a blessing in itself.

So now that I have kicked the old blog out, we are starting new with this blog and I am hoping I can keep up with it and post sneak peeks here for all my sessions!

Soaking in all these blessings,
KG

1 comment: